Hope Mission Ministries News
…. “Serving others with many hands and one heart” …
Thank you for sharing our vision and ministry of helping others in need, together we make a difference!
Instant Mashed Potatoes
Family Size Tea Bags
Our thrift store will enable us to:
- open a home and provide assistance needed to homeless ladies
- open transitional homes and provide assistance to men and women who have completed a 6-month substance abuse recovery program through Hope Mission’s sister organization, Hope Recovery Homes
- increase our emergency financial assistance to help those in financial crisis
We need and appreciate your help!
If you have items that you are replacing, giving away, want to donate, etc. bring them to Hope Mission or the new Hope Mission Thrift Store (1409 Bridges Street – directly across from Hope Mission and the Morehead City Fire Station) or give us a call (252-240-2359) for more information. We will pick up large items.
Community Highlight: First Baptist Church VBS (Vacation Bible School)
Diane Poag (r), Vacation Bible School Director at First Baptist Church MHC, presents a check in the amount of $955.68 to Gene McLendon, Executive Director of Hope Mission. The donation came from the offering that was collected at VBS each day. A total of 306 children and workers who were involved in VBS visited the mission, took a tour, and learned what goes on there. The children learned that they can be missionaries right here in Carteret County by donating over 700 cans of food that they brought from home as well as their offering to the Mission. The congregation of FBC, in conjunction with VBS, collected a truckload of much needed rolls of paper towels and Dawn Dish Detergent for the Mission. Hope Mission is a Christian ministry of compassion to the disadvantaged, displaced, and less fortunate citizens of Carteret County. The mission, which has been in existence for over 24 years, operates a community kitchen (formerly known as The Soup Kitchen), an emergency financial assistance ministry, a homeless shelter, a thrift store, and a long-term drug and alcohol residential recovery program for men and women. Hope Mission runs the only soup kitchen, homeless shelter and recovery homes in all of Carteret County.
STATISTICS – * To Date = end of the July, 2016
Serving those in need through our Community Kitchen, Men’s Shelter, Emergency Financial Assistance and Substance Abuse Ministries.
COMMUNITY KITCHEN & MEN’S HOMELESS SHELTER
Different churches, business and civic groups join with our staff in serving lunch to our community and supper to those in our homeless shelter 7 days a week, including holidays. If interested in volunteering, contact June McLendon @ 252-241-5963 or email [email protected]
- In 2015, we served a total of 39,073 meals
- *To date (2016), we have served a total of 22,243 meals
Men’s Homeless Shelter
- Open 7 days a week from 6pm to 8am
- In 2015, we provided a temporary home and support for 135 men
- *To date (2016), we have provided a temporary home and support for 96 men
EMERGENCY FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
Providing payment of bills which threaten to leave persons without electricity, heating fuel, rent, and other essentials. Hours of operation are Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday from 9am to 11am.
- In 2015, we provided assistance to 234 clients, dispersing a total of $47,791
- *To date (2016), we have provided assistance to 129 clients, dispersing a total of $22,102.